8/9/10

The Wages of Fear Criterion #36

So last night I finally watched The Wages of Fear and It was a really good movie. The movie is about 4 guys driving two trucks filled with nitroglycerin that can explode at anytime for $2000 which at the time is a ton of money. It's presented in 1.33:1 aspect ratio which when I was going to watch it I didn't realize that. Also there is a lot of scratches and damage to the film so I don't know if the Blu-ray version is worth it. Other then that thought this film was really good. The DVD cover is kind of a spoiler because that is a picture of the end of the movie. I like the characters in the film and there relationships with each other. The humor in the film was really good . One thing that shocked me was how the "hero" treated that women like a object in the movie which I am not used to. My favorite part of the movie was the rock scene I thought that was very good.

Spoiler:
Now for the ending of the film I thought that him having the nitroglycerin in the truck he had to watch the road and ever bump in it to make sure he didn't die and so at the end he didn't pay attention to anything and it ended up costing him. I might be over thinking it but I think the ending means that even if there's nothing in front of you, you should all ways look where your going

No comments:

Post a Comment