8/7/10

UFC 117 Results

To start off Thiago Silva was hurt during his training camp and could not fight on the card.

1) I wanted Roy Nelson to win and Junior dos Santos won via 3rd round decision and he now gets to fight for the title after Cain fights Brock.

2) I guessed Matt Hughes would win and wow he won via wicked sub that was shocking. Matt won't die.

3) I picked Clay Guida to win and and he won via sub (broken jaw)

4) I picked Jon Fitch to win and Fitch won via 3rd round decision. Even tho everyone was booing at one point it was a good enjoyable fight. I wanted Fitch to win because I don't think thiago should get another title fight.

5) I knew Anderson Silva would win and the thing I am looking at is if it will be a boring fight because once again they are making him fight a guy that only wants to do one thing take him down. The outcome of the fight is Anderson Silva sub Chale in the 5th round. One thing I will say is that this was a hard fight to watch and its not the fact that I am a fan of his but watching a pound for pound fighter getting owned was hard. I have never yelled at the end of a fight and at the end of this I was on my feet screaming so outstanding. I thought it was going to be another decision. Hats off to Chale for a outstanding show I just didn't like the trash talk but he all most backed it up.

On a side note I am not sure but I think Anderson Silva walked out with Steven Seagal but not 100% on that. If it was thats wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment