8/11/10

Clash of the Titans (1981) Review

So I had never watched but heard a lot about this movie Clash of the Titans and so I wanted to finally watch it before watching the remake. For me I have to watch the original before even thinking of watching the remake. I was going to get it on Blu-Ray but it was more then I felt like spending so I picked up the new release of the standard DVD version for six dollars. I have to say it was a alright film. The big thing for me was the special effects done by the master himself Ray Harryhausen which are outstanding. The funny thing is I always thought this film was older then it really is. The Ray Harryhausen footage is really dated in that its really dark a scratched. I would love to see maybe a Ray Harryhausen Criterion Box set I think it would be amazing. I know if they did I would be buying it right away. For special features there is a cast thing where it shows the other movies they have been in. A Conversation with Ray Harryhausen, Map of Myths and Monsters and a Theatrical trailer. The audio was kinda annoying the talking was really hard to hear and so I would turn it up but the sound effects would end up being way to loud to the point where a women screaming scared the shit out of me. My favorite animation had to be the Kraken that thing was bad ass or the Medusa's snake hair. Either way for six dollars you can not go wrong with Clash of the Titans (1981) Now time to watch the remake.

The special feature of the actors and there other work even though it shows a list of people you can only click on Harry Hamlin (Perseus) Laurence Olivier (Zeus) and Ray Harryhausen (Special effects) which sucks I wanted to click on Ursula Andress (Aphrodite) or Judi Bowker (Andromeda) but I guess that is what IMDB is for.

The Conversation with Ray Harryhausen was a good extra but I would like to watch him making a scene. I heard there's something like that in Jason and the Argonauts.

The Map of Myths and Monsters is a two minute kinda like fun fact on each effects character.

I almost forgot the music in the movie is wonder full

No comments:

Post a Comment