8/21/10

Naked Lunch #220

So I watched Naked Lunch last night and wow I beat even if you heard things about this movie you could still not prepare yourself for it. I loved the bugs and special effects and the costumes. The music is rather nice to listen to which is weird for this movie. I thought that the music would try to make you uncomfortable but the film does that fine without needing to. I really like Peter Weller as the character Bill Lee. I found the story to be really hard to follow though. I loved the starting and the end but I got lost in the middle.Roy Scheider Is really entertaining in this film, loved every scene he was in.

I really like David Cronenberg as a Director and this movie is well made but and this is the reason why I don't know if I like this film or not but its really depressing. Nothing nice of joyful happens in this film and so its hard to watch. From what I know Peter Weller gets high off of second hand smoke from the bug powder. So he sees a bug and it tall him (FYI this is the talking ass part) that hes a secret agent and his mission is to kill his wife. From here the movie just starts to go he ends up tripping like crazy for the rest of the movie. He thinks that his typewriter is a bug at time and a early scene show him showing his friend what he thinks is a plane ticket but his friend just sees a tube of bug poison.

Disc one:
*Audio commentary featuring Cronenberg and actor Peter Weller
Disc two:
*Naked Making Lunch, a London Weekend Television documentary about the making of the film
*Illustrated essay about the special effect in Naked Lunch by Jody Duncan, editor of Cinefex magazine, featuring artifacts from Cronenberg's archive
*Film stills gallery
*A collection of original marketing materials
*William S. Burroughs audio recording of excerpts from Naked Lunch
*A collection of archival stills of William S. Burroughs from The Allen Ginsberg Trust
*32-page booklet featuring essays by film critic Janet Maslin, Chris Rodley, Gary Indiana, and a piece by William S. Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment