6/25/10

Thoughts on Video game fans.

I just started playing video games again just about two weeks ago. I had over a year off on video games just got tired of them. I am not huge on new video games now a days. I just find video games are judged way to much. Everyone has to say what they think about a game, everyone has to "pick" a side. It seems like now that gaming is huge there are no more "gamers". For example you have to like either the Xbox 360 or the Playstation, You can not like both. Go to any video game forum and you will have tons of people proclaiming one video game is better than the other. Back in the day (the 90's) I would rent games that I had no idea what they where about and if me and my brother or friends had fun, it was a good game. It's a video game console you buy them to play video games. Why is there so much anger towards people who didn't buy what you did? It seems like games can't just be "fun" they must have amazing graphics, sound, story, characters, and NEW. Back in the day most games had no story and the graphics and sound where 8-bit(16-bit) and most games tried to rip off one another. I just don't understand the whole "This game (title here) is better than (title here)" so what if its better. I bet I can have fun with either.

Bottom line: Buy a game to play it, to enjoy it. If you can't have fun playing a game and your only playing them for ranking then just stop it is pointless.

Now I own a Xbox 360 (its died 3 times and I still love it). I am using my brother PS3 for the blu-ray player. I sold my Nintendo WII it just had no games that interested me. Bot huge on the mini games.

No comments:

Post a Comment