7/21/10

Crackdown 2 Review

My brother rented Crackdown 2 on sunday and so I got to play it and I really enjoyed it. I played the frist one which was a surprise hit for me because I only bought it to get the halo 3 beta on it. Actually when they showed it at E3 I thought it would be horrible the art style just looked bad to me at the time. Anyways Crackdown (the frist one) is my favorite sandbox game reason is because the collectables are rewarding, I want to get all the orbs where as in other games they are there just for padding. I always tend to run around and jump rather than drive I just find being "Hulk" is a lot more enjoyable than to drive.

Now for Crackdown 2 they added some new stuff like when you max out one of your stats you can get cool moves. For example if you get level 5 agility you get wings so that you can glide. Also for level 5 toughness you can jump up hold B and smash the ground with your fist. In my game I have all max stats and level 4 driving so I don't know if you get something wicked for level 5 driving. The gameplay is awesome pretty much the same as the frist. In this one you are fighting Cell and "zombies" they call them freaks. Now for the new modes of play there are Freak breaches which you can only do at night where you just have to close a hole by killing X amount of freaks. There are also Cell strong holds where you have to kill X amount of Cell troops to capture the location. There are secret orbs and agility orbs, stunts, flying "stunts", and audio diaries where you learn a little about cell, the freaks and a rouge agent.

Now for what I am not a huge fan of the story. In the frist one you are out there to kill a bunch of gang leaders to take back your city. In this one after a virus breaks out and disables agency tower your task is to activate all the beacons. Which means no cool boss character pictures or cool story on why you are killing them. You are really just running around clearing maybe 5 bad guys and standing on a pad, 30 seconds latter move to the next. It's really a huge let down. Towards the end of the game I actually thought that after I got agency tower working I would wipe out cell but no luck.

I have had some glitches happen and so has my brother. I got stuck under a floating device and to fix it the game spat me out side it which was nice. Now this was funny my brother was fighting some freaks at the very start of the game and I think maybe two freaks explode on both sides of him or something. Anyways all we saw was an explosion and then the agent shot up thousands of feet into the air way above any other building (it sky rocketed upward for about 15-20 seconds and then what goes up must come down luckily he could move himself into the water to live.

So that game is awesome but the story is really lacking it doesn't stand out from all the rest of the games missions. There are no little mini videos or any of that from the frist But there's a third one coming out so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment